About IBFM :
IBFM is a complete job oriented course where the student will create models and run formulas for the analysis and valuation of companies. It's much demanded skill for an individual if they are looking to work in IB or Research firms as this is a skill set which gives them an edge when applying for jobs in the finance industry
Highlight of the course-
-Faculty is expert from investment banking industry having diversified experience.
-Live sessions on daily basis
-100 hours of course structure with emphasis on job and internships. Students will get to work as an intern for 2 months after the course. After that they can be absorbed by the company based on their performance during internship
-Each class is recorded live to help students revise later.
-Coverage of complicated topics with industry relevant examples.
Course fee- Rs.30000/- (Rs. Thirty Thousand only)
At the end of the course you will get:
-Skill excellence certificate from FinCradle.
-Letter of recommendation highlighting your knowledge.
-2 months internship from a research based financial company
Module 1- Excel 101
Welcome to the world of Excel ! . Learning excel is a journey and not a destination. This module aims to give you basic idea of various tools in excel that will be needed in the rest of the journey in this course
In this module, you will learn basic functions in excel with respect its usage in financial modelling. These are basic building blocks to create a robust financial model
· Excel Shortcuts
· Sorting Data and using advanced filters
· Cell Freeze, Row Freeze, Column Freeze
· Conditional formatting and presenting data nicely in excel
· Linkages used for Financial Modeling
· Simple excel formulas as sum, product, division, multiplications, paste special, concatenate
· Usage of IF-Else function
· Advanced Excel Fuctions: Vlook Up, Match, Index, Hlook up usage of data
· Combination of multiple functions in a problem as Vlook +Match, Index+Match, VlookUp and If Functions
· CAGR Calculation
· Transpose function,Table functions
· Pivot Tables
· IRR Calculation
· Cell Referencing(using F4 button to reference a cell and its usage)
· Interest functions like PMT, Rate etc as EMI calculator,
· Sum if, Count if, Sumifs, SumProduct Functions
· Multiple usage of Vlookup Function
Module 2- Basic Finance Concepts
In this module you will learn about basics of finance like ratio analysis, DCF. This is required to bring the class to the same level when we start to build valuation models from scratch.
This module will be must for people with non finance background as it will try to bridge the gap and bring the entire class to the same level
· Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Income & Expenses, Cash Flow Statement, different adjustments and their importance
· Defining inter linking and relationships between the three financial statements and how does the accounting flow amongst them
· Ratio Analysis of Financial Statements using major financial ratios including liquidity ratio, asset management ratio, debt management ratio and profitability ratio
· How to determine the financial health of a company using multiple ratios
· 3 Step and 5 Step DuPont Analysis
· Margin of Safety analysis, Break Even point analysis
· Present Discounted Value of Money (Time Value of Money).
Module 3-Basic Financial Calculations
The concepts learnt in module 2 will be applied in this module. Basic financial calculations like NPV, IRR with practical usage will be discussed here.
This module will help in understanding and implementing the basic finance functions using Excel
· Present Value and Net Present Value
· Internal Rate of Return and Loan Tables
· Multiple Internal Rates of Return
· Flat Payment Schedules
· Future Value and Applications
· A pension problem- Complicating the Future Value Problem- Use of Solver in Excel
· Power of compounding- The Eighth Wonder !
Module 4 Financial Statement Modeling
You will learn the practical applications of the theoretical methodologies. You will blend accounting, finance, and Excel skills into the construction of a model.
Learn the steps to build financial models and conduct financial analyses.
· How Financial Models Work: Theory and Initial Example
· Free Cash Flow: Measuring the Cash produced by the business
· Using the Free Cash Flow to value the Firm and its Equity
· Sensitivity Analysis
· Scenario Analysis using Scenario Manager
· Excel Best Practices
· Overview of Key Financial Statements in a Model
· Construction of a Financial Model
· Overview of Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
· Construction of a Discounted Cash Flow Analysis Model
Module 5 - Valuation approaches
In equity valuation theory and practice, we generally encounter two valuation approaches: Comparable Companies Analysis and Discounted Cash Flows (DCF) Analysis. This course will walk you through the process and theories of the two models.
Integrate valuation analysis on your financial model.
· Overview of key valuation methodologies and basic concepts of each methodology
· Comparable Companies Analysis
· Precedent Transaction Analysis
· Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
· Compilation of Valuation Summary
Module 6 - Leverage Buyout Analysis
This module will illustrate how a practitioner would analyze a leveraged buyout. You will construct your own LBO model in Excel and, by the end of the course, should feel comfortable assessing a company and determining if it is a viable LBO candidate.
Determine an implied valuation range in a potential LBO sale.
· Introduction to leveraged buyout analysis
· Key considerations under leveraged buyout analysis
· Key Components of a Leverage Buyout Model
· Mechanics of Constructing an LBO Model
· Exercise: Constructing an LBO model for the case company
Module 7 - Merger Analysis
This module is designed to develop merger modelling skills through M&A theory and the actual hands-on construction of a model. You will build your own interactive merger model from “scratch.”Get a practitioner's view of merger modelling by blending M&A accounting, corporate finance and Excel skills.
Analyze and structure mergers and acquisitions.
· Introduction to merger analysis
· Key considerations under merger analysis
· Contribution Analysis
· Construction of a Merger Model
Module 8- Presenting Model output Using powerpoint
In this module you will learn to present all you key findings in a powerpoint and learn the basic powerpoint skills
Use powerpoint to present your findings and learn the do and don’t of powerpoint presentation
· Introduction to MS POwerpoint
· Formatting/ Aligining objects in powerpoint
· Creating different types of graphs like Bar chart, Waterfall charts, Thermometer charts etc
· How to write a nice header for your slides
Module 9-Mock Interviews and Resume Building
Our in-house experts will take Mock interviews and will prepare you for all the possible sets of questions that can be asked in the interviews. Also, we will help you in building your resumes that look professional and can attract interviewers’ attention at first sight.